There has been some talk on the twitter-verse and at Cisco Live around some of the changes that Cisco is making to the CCIE/DE written and lab policies. Last month they posted those changes to their Certification Exam Policies website to let everyone know and read. The ones that are key to CCIE/DE candidates (and some will be effective August 2, 2014) are:
- Candidates who fail the CCIE/DE written must want 15 calendar days, beginning the day after the fail, before retaking the exam
- Once passed, you cannot retake the same written exam within 180 days
- Candidates may attempt the CCIE/DE written exam up to four (4) times per rolling calendar year.
Lab (here is the big one):
- Candidate must wait 30 days between CCIE lab attempts (30 days starts the day after the failed attempt)
- For your 1st attempt there is no wait time.
- For your 2nd attempt, there is a 30 day wait time
- For your 3rd, 4th, and 5th attempt, there is a 90 wait time between each
- For your 6th , 7th and onward, the there is a 180 day wait time between each.